Mortgage Pre-Approval/Refinance Document Checklist
- working history and living history can be ignored as you've already provided in borrower information.
- Provide ALL the information highlighted
- You can fill out the form on computer and save the PDF file. You don’t have to sign it.
3. I will confirm with you before pulling your credit report.
4. Recent 30 days pay stubs
- Need three pay stubs if you get paid bi-weekly or two stubs if paid semi-monthly
- The employer name must be shown on the pay stubs
5. last two years tax returns (Federal only but with all schedules)
- Try to provide all pages including Schedule C, Schedule E, K-1, etc
- Proof of extension if you filed tax extension
6. Last two years W2s
- If tax was filed jointly, need all persons' W2s
- If you use the following banks, be careful. Because you may not get cashier check or wire the money with these bank accounts.
- Discover/Captital One/TCF/AMEX etc
- Some banks only provide quarterly statement if no account activities. So make sure it's a clean quarterly statement.
- Please do not make large deposit or withdraw large amount of money from the bank accounts during the loan process.
8. Driver's license for all borrows, and
- For US citizen, please provide driver license copy.
- For green card holder, please provide green card copies (front and back)
- For H1B holder, please provide:
- Passport - only need first page with photo
- Entry Visa on passport, it's OK if it's expired.
- I-797 - two pages
For refinance, please also provide items from 9 to 11
9. Homeowner fire insurance statement (a.k.a Hazard insurance)
- Make sure it's not expired.
- Provide the insurance agent contact if it's not on the statement.
10. Most recent mortgage statement
- If the subject property is an investment property, I'll need your primary home mortgage statement/insurance statement/HOA statement.
11. If you have HOA, provide
- The master insurance.
- The HOA monthly statement
- Let me know if the total condo units < 20 in your community.
Additionally, please also provide the following if they apply
- If you have HELOC/Second Mortgage, provide:
- Heloc note
- subordination agreement
- If you have rental property, provide
- rental agreements (if rental income will be used)
- mortgage statement
- property tax slip
- HOA statement (if the property has HOA)
- If you are a new graduate student, provide:
- degree diploma
- start/end date of your degree
- address of your college
If you have or will have following changes, please let me know as early as possible.
- job change
- closed bank account recently
- will go on travel or your spouse will go on travel
- use gift money
- visa status change
- anything you can think of that may affect the loan application